Monday, April 26, 2010

Thankful

Admist the packing I ran across this gem of Emily Sr. & I. (For the newbies around here, both of my brothers married Emily's so naturally we have Sr. and Jr.) This is probably when she and Paul were Juniors in High School. I'm cringing hoping this wasn't on a date of theirs. I might have tagged along on a few of those.

Finding It made me very thankful...
Thankful that I have had her in my life for so many years.
Thankful that she was around as an example for me in the trying middle school years.
Thankful that I learned about eye brow waxing.
Thankful that I learned about highlights.
Thankful that I am now allowed to apply eye makeup.
Thankful that my braces came off.
Thankful that I remember that clip in my hair was from the Valentine's dance I had recently attended with Rainer.
Thankful that Rainer knew me and even loved me in my most awkward of phases.
Thankful that even though we don't have a really awkward picture to prove it... I love Emily Jr. as if I've known her my whole lifetime too...

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a gem! I remember taking that picture, actually, we were all at dinner with your family....I am thankful for you too, Lolly, very much, and, if I remember correctly I had just recently been introduced to my favorite hair mousse...that picture was taken in the nick of time. Thanks for the post, I can't even count the ways I am thankful for you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lolly- this is adorable-y'all are so cute. It is a shame that we didn't catch emily pre-amy tew mousse intervention. What is eye-brow waxing? JK, honestly this is something I should do- but I don't even have time for a haircut these days- (or at least don't want to use precious sitter-time for it.)

    ReplyDelete