Monday, May 18, 2009

What's in a Name?

So, I finally did it..I created a blog. I've only been saying I was going to for 10 months now. The thing holding me back was a creative name. So, speaking of the name I'm thinking a little explaining is in order..Yes our last name is Kendrick.  But, Mr. and Mrs. Kendrick are Rainer's wonderful parents, so in true Holcombe fashion (we love us some nicknames) Paul and Emily nicknamed us "The Kendies"...A silly name of sorts, but very fitting, as we never want to take ourselves too seriously.  In starting this blog we debated over names and catchy titles, but mostly wanted you all to have a true glimpse in to who we are at the core, so we figured it was time to let the world meet The Kendies.  I must say my husband had some quite interesting and amusing title suggestions that I will list for your reading pleasure, but we settled on 'Eat, Drink and Be Kendie' since that's what we're after, finding the joy in life, in our journey of marriage and raising kids (just singular, Kid, for now) and just being us!  Here are some of the names that didn't make the final cut: "The Good Ship, Lolly Blog" (Lolly is my nickname), "The Big Rock Kendie Mountain", "KendieLand Delight" (fitting for Alabama, and the fact that our 10 month old has a slight mullet), "I love Jesus, but I drink a little..." (Laugh here:"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83JDXXKzOXg"), "The pursuit of Kendie-Ness"..and there were others but I won't bore you....All you really want is pictures of Ann Edwards, right? So here you go!


Lastly, Welcome to our blog, a peek into our journey as we raise our little girl. Enjoy!

3 comments: