Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Da-Da

That's the most clear word Ann Edwards has been saying lately...And I have to admit I've had a twinge of jealousy, as she has not uttered those syllables I so long to hear "ma-ma"...She has always adored her daddy...He is the recipient of many dear moments with her, quick smiles, easy giggles and lots of open mouth wet kisses, and even if I was timid to admit it, the first to be called by name. It was not until Sunday at Church that I realized truly what a gift this love for her daddy was. Don't get me wrong, I adore seeing them together, and there is no greater sound that hearing her giggle with her Daddy. But, I was brought to a deeper appreciation of this relationship this Father's Day. The sermon Sunday painted a beautiful illustration of the Father's love for us...The pastor spoke of how across all languages and all countries the majority of babies' first word is their form of "Da-Da". In that we see the deep need for Fathers, ultimately for our Heavenly father. He went on to discuss how for most of us we view our relationship with God through the light of how we are loved by our earthly fathers...And it hit me. How beyond blessed Ann Edwards is, that she is so loved and adored by her earthly father...and how by this love of her "da-da" she will one day grasp on to the love of the most high! Rainer is the best daddy to her I could ask for or imagine. Patient, gentle, funny, silly, strong, compassionate, loving, graceful, providing, generous. He is such a gift to me, to her. One day she will say "ma-ma", and that will warm my heart. But, for now I'm just happy to hear that babbling and "Da-Da" all day...as I understand the importance of her love for her Daddy that will take her a step closer to our biggest prayer for her, a heart for Jesus.

Happy Fathers Day Rainer. Thank you for all you do for us, and for working so hard so we can spend our days together. We love you Da-Da!

1 comment:

  1. Really sweet, Lolly. And, I know that her saying momma is just around the corner! Sweet momma and sweet daddy....xo

    ReplyDelete