Monday, June 29, 2009

It just gets more fun!

I know every mom says this, but it is true. This is my favorite age with Ann Edwards. As we approach her first birthday I willingly admit that its bittersweet. I love being her mama, and absolutely love having a baby. What I'm realizing more and more is that my baby is slowly becoming a little girl right before our eyes. This little being that was once a fragile 4 pound, 9 ounce baby that was wrapped up in blankets and caps in mid July to keep warm is now my busy crawler! I'm amazed and feel like its all gone so fast. I was sharing with my friend Shelley just how bittersweet the reality of her growing up is. She said something so true, that this would be sad, IF it did not get more fun with each new day. Ever since she shared that with me I have awakened to a new chapter with my "baby"...A chapter filled with laughing at her little personality developing, loving the snaggle tooth smiles, catching many near face plants as she thinks she can walk, and just enjoying her growing into a little girl. One of the dearest things lately to watch is her interaction with other children. To see the way she looks at her older cousins and friends is so precious! For months now we have had play dates with Adelaide (Shelley's little girl) and Ann Edwards has looked at her so longing to be big enough to play with her...This past week they made a huge stride in their friendship, and much bonding has taken place over the sharing of food! What funny little interactions they have. Ann Edwards just adores her friend and is so happy to be able to finally partake in an activity with her. So as we get closer and closer to the 1 year mark, I'm loving this age, loving watching my baby become a little person who is having so much fun these days! Look at these two cuties sharing some snacks...How sweet, and what a lucky mama I am that God chose me to get to raise this precious girl and watch her grow!

1 comment:

  1. It does keep getting more & more fun! And, don't worry, she's still your baby...

    ReplyDelete